Mimi Plange is an architect turned fashion designer. These fashions represent her 5th year collection.
On Wednesday, we arrived in New York, another town where I have lived and miss more than I can say. As part of my birthday week, some friends decided to help me take my town back. My birthday is 9/11 and I have not visited New York on my birthday since the day became something else here. Since Fashion Week falls during my birthday celebration, the timing just seemed right.
At An American in Paris on Broadway. Simply awesome!!
The Military Ball weekend and I decided to share it with my 12 year old God Daughter, Jakari! She may not want to be a marketing professional, but the point is she will know what that looks like. #takemygoddaughtertoworkday #specialmoments
Her statement to me: “We are the divas of this ball.” LOL!!
I believe this to be the first recipe that I have posted that isn’t chocolate, but no one will complain. This cheese cake is a must share!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
32 ounces ricotta cheese, drained
1 orange (for 2 teaspoons orange zest/grated rind)
⅓ cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
18 graham crackers (2 packets from a 14 oz box)
1 stick butter
1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Generously grease a springform pan with butter.
3. For graham cracker crust, crush graham crackers in food processor until consistency of bread crumbs; stir with melted butter until mixture holds shape when squeezed. If needed, add a little more melted butter.
4. Firmly press graham cracker “crust” into bottom and along bottom sides of spring form pan; set aside.
5. Sift together flour and sugar in small mixing bowl.
6. In medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese and orange zest. Slowly fold in flour mixture with spatula until well blended and smooth.
7. Add eggs, one at a time, continuing to blend with spatula. Stir in vanilla extract.
8. Pour batter into spring form pan and gently smooth top with spatula.
9. Bake for 55-60 minutes, until cake is firm all the way to top center. Cool completely and refrigerate for 2-3 hours to set.
She never fails to impress! As seen on the runway of South Africa Fashion Week 2015, Larisa Terblanche release an amazing collection for the label Larisa MODA! Working with monochrome colours and fitted clothes, the talented designer once again has pushed the boundaries for the label given people a fantastic set of garments for the upcoming winter season.