3 1/2 oz (100 g) organic, unsweetened dark chocolate (find out how to make the best choice here)
2 cups almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup crushed pistachios
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 eggs (or 1 tbsp ground chia + 1/4 warm water)
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp rosewater
rose petals & crushed pistachios to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate over low heat or use a double boiler.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in your food processor or blender.
- Add the melted chocolate and combine until smooth- should be creamy, not too dry.
- Mix wet ingredients into the dry, and mix well.
- Pour batter into the pan, smooth it out with a spatula & bake it for about 25-30 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in to make sure cooked through. They should be firm when you press down.
- Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with some extra crushed pistachios and rose petals, for an extra touch.
I was fortunate to be working in New Mexico during the 2017 Gathering of Nations Pow Wow in Albuquerque last weekend. I love the culture and history that has endured proudly for generations. My first Pow Wow!! The colors are just breathtaking and glorious. Dancers ranged from the smallest kids to the gracefully aged. Here is just a sample of their beauty!