Have an amazing Sunday!
Had to share!!
Virgin Chocolate Chunk Brownies With Maple & Benton Bacon
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate pieces
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup cooked bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350F Line an 8-inch (20cm) square baking pan with foil and spray foil with cooking spray.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Whisk in the COR olive oil and set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl using high speed of an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Beat in the syrup and salt, then fold in the cooled chocolate mixture. Fold in the BRM flour, then gently stir in the bacon. Pour…
View original post 38 more words
Happy Friday and Labor Day weekend. Here is a really fun recipe for my #chocolatefriendsofTenaciousM to try!! Have a safe and amazing holiday weekend!
Gooey butter brownies. It’s okay if you just died right then. The sweet, gooey burst of buttery chocolate will revive you. It’s genius. I hope you’ll make these, because they are so, so good!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
For the brownies:
1 box brownie mix
8 tablespoons butter, melted
For the topping:
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
16 ounces powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. To make the brownie base, mix together the dry mix, egg, and melted butter. Spread into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
3. To make the topping, beat together the cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, butter, and powdered sugar until well combined. Spread over the brownies.
4. Bake for 40 minutes or until the center is still slightly jiggly and gooey. Cool before serving.
Happy Thursday and over the hump day!
The Staple Singers were an American gospel, soul and R&B singing group. Roebuck “Pops” Staples (1914–2000), the patriarch of the family, formed the group with his children Cleotha (1934–2013), Pervis (b. 1935), Yvonne (b. 1936), and Mavis (b. 1939). They are best known for their 1970s hits “Respect Yourself”, “I’ll Take You There”, “If You’re Ready (Come Go with Me)”, and “Let’s Do It Again”, all of which (except “I’ll Take You There”) peaked on the Hot 100 less than a week away from Christmas Day.
While the family surname is “Staples”, the group used the singular form for its name, “The Staple Singers”.
Break up whole, cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor with hazelnuts and butter to create a super-crunchy crust for these delectable little cheesecakes. The cream filling in the cookies both sweetens the crust and prevents it from becoming too crumbly.
Active Time: 10 Min
Total Time: 40 Min
Servings: Makes 12 Tartlets
15 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
2 tablespoons raw or roasted hazelnuts, skinned
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese
3/4 cup hazelnut-chocolate spread, preferably Nutella
1/2 cup sour cream
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Spray the liners with vegetable oil spray.
2. In a food processor, combine the cookies, hazelnuts and butter and process to very fine crumbs. Divide the crumbs among the cups and, using a flat-bottomed glass, press on the crumbs to compact them. Bake for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, wipe out the food processor bowl. Add the cream cheese, Nutella, sour cream, eggs and sugar and puree until smooth. Spoon the filling into the cups until it nearly reaches the top; there may be a few tablespoons of leftover batter. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and bake for about 20 minutes, until the cheesecakes have risen and the surfaces are lightly cracked. Let the cheesecakes cool slightly, then transfer the muffin tin to a rack and freeze for 10 minutes, until the cheesecakes are slightly cooled. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
MAKE AHEAD The mini cheesecakes can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Happy Thursday! Here’s hoping that you made it to this day full of love and happiness!!