This gives me all the feels!!!
This chocolatier brings the art to a whole new level!! The creator, Amaury Guichon, is my new hero whom I hope to meet someday.
Amazing Chocolate Ooey Gooey Cake!
This cake is very rich and a little will go a long way. Try serving with a vanilla ice cream to cut the sweetness.
2 sticks (226g) butter, melted
1 pkg chocolate cake mix
3 eggs (one egg for bottom cake layer THEN two eggs for filling layer)
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 c (31g) cocoa powder
16 oz confectioners sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees (325 convection) and prepare and 9-inch by 3inch round cake pan OR 9×13 dish. (I have heard a bundt works as well!)
2. Combine the cake mix, 1 egg (you will use the other two eggs elsewhere), and 1 stick melted butter (1/2 cup or 113g), and stir until well blended.
4. Pat the mixture into prepared pan and set aside.
5. In a stand mixer on medium speed (or using a hand-held mixer), beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the remaining 2 eggs and the cocoa powder.
6. Lower the speed of the mixer and add the powdered sugar. Slowly add the remaining 1 stick (1/2 cup) of melted butter. Add vanilla and continue to beat the mixture until smooth.
7. Pour filling over cake mixture in pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. (check at 30 minutes with 9×13) Be careful not to overcook the cake; the center should still be a little gooey when finished baking. Let cake partially cool on a wire rack before cutting into pieces.
Whether you’re counting your winnings or regretting that last bet, a chocolate friand will heighten the mood – or soften the blow. These are vegan as well!!
200g dark chocolate buttons
6 egg whites
30g of cocoa
125g almond meal
250g icing sugar, sifted
80g plain flour
Preheat oven to 190C. Grease 12 friand moulds.
1. Melt butter and 100g of chocolate. Lightly whisk egg whites. Add melted chocolate and butter and stir. Add almond meal and icing sugar and combine. Add remaining chocolate, flour and cocoa and mix well.
2. Spoon into moulds. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through. Rest for five minutes before turning onto a cooling rack.