Happy Sunday and have an amazing week!
Even for myself, a woman whose half full glass manages to somehow overflow, even by those standards, this was a great week. Thursday, May 28th was amazing for a couple of reasons: 1) My work to provide better access to quality health care for some people considered part of this country’s underserved populations was realized. 2) The quest to bring more value-adds in health care services for our New Mexico market/plan was a slam dunk!!
Peanut butter crackers get stuffed in chocolate cookies made with cookie mix. Delicious!
1/2 cup butter or margarine, cut-up
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 pouch chocolate chip cookie mix
30 mini peanut butter cracker sandwiches
1 cup peanut butter chips (6 oz)
1 to 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1. In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter, chocolate chips and peanut butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Stir in cookie mix and egg until well blended. Refrigerate dough 30 minutes or until firm enough to scoop.
2. Heat oven to 375°F. For each rounded measuring tablespoon dough, place 1 peanut butter cracker in center, forming dough into ball around cracker. Onto ungreased cookie sheets, place dough balls 2 inches apart.
3. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until tops are dry (cookies will still be soft). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
4. In 1-pint resealable food-storage plastic bag, add peanut butter chips and oil; seal bag. Microwave on High 1 minute, kneading bag after 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Cut 1/8-inch slit diagonally across bottom corner of bag. Squeeze drizzle over cooled cookies. Let stand until set. Store in airtight container.
The South’s favorite drink is a key ingredient in this moist Peanut-Cola Cake.
1 cup cola soft drink
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup butter, softened
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
Peanut Butter Frosting
1 cup chopped honey-roasted peanuts
Hands-on: 20 Minutes
Total: 1 Hours
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cola and buttermilk in a 2-cup measuring cup.
2. Beat butter at low speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat at low speed just until blended.
3. Combine flour and next 2 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add to butter mixture alternately with cola mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Pour batter into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
4. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare Peanut Butter Frosting. Pour over warm cake. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
The Military Ball weekend and I decided to share it with my 12 year old God Daughter, Jakari! She may not want to be a marketing professional, but the point is she will know what that looks like. #takemygoddaughtertoworkday #specialmoments
Her statement to me: “We are the divas of this ball.” LOL!!
Good morning chocolatefriendsofTenaciousM! Here is a chocolate recipe we gotta try!!
As mentioned in my previous post, I had gone on a vacation to Ooty. Ooty is mainly known for two things- it’s cold climate and it’s tea! Not to mention the yummy homemade chocolates. 😉 Because we went by car, we could thoroughly enjoy the weather and the scenic drive. It was indeed beautiful- the misty mountains, green tea estates and tall splendid trees!
View original post 818 more words