Happy Palm Sunday!
“All the flavors of Mississippi Mud Cake (chocolate, pecans, and marshmallows) in a cheesecake instead.”
PREP: 40 mins
COOK: 4 hrs 20 mins
READY IN 10 hrs
Original recipe makes 1 – 9 inch cheesecake
1 1/2 cups finely crushed animal cracker cookies
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
1/4 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup marshmallow creme
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
2. Mix together the animal cracker crumbs, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules in a bowl. Pour in the melted butter and mix until evenly moistened. Press into the prepared springform pan and set aside.
3. To make the filling, combine 1 1/2 cups sugar, the cocoa powder, 2 teaspoons instant coffee, and the cornstarch in the bowl of an electric mixer; stir until blended. Add the softened cream cheese and beat until the sugar mixture has been incorporated and no lumps of cream cheese remain. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, adding the vanilla extract with the last egg. Fold in 1/2 cup of chopped pecans, then pour into the prepared crust.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) and continue baking 2 hours. Turn off the oven, and let the cheesecake stand in the oven for 2 hours more before opening the door. Remove and cool to room temperature.
5. Once the cheesecake has cooled, melt the chocolate chips and milk in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan, and spread the marshmallow cream evenly over the top. Spread or drizzle the chocolate over the marshmallow cream and sprinkle 1/4 cup of chopped pecans over top. Chill completely before serving.
More great chocolate blogging!
Well, we knew Monday was coming, so treat yourself to some much needed dark chocolate comfort. This pan cookie recipe calls for chunky peanut butter and dark chocolate morsels–a winning combination!
3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 cups all-purpose baking mix
1 (12-ounce) package dark chocolate morsels, divided
Make a Delicious Mushroom Chicken Risotto
1. Stir together peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl.
2. Stir in brown sugar until combined. Add baking mix and 3/4 cup dark chocolate morsels, stirring just until moistened. Spread mixture in a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
3. Bake at 325° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, and sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate morsels; let stand 5 minutes or until chocolate melts. Spread melted chocolate evenly over top. Cut into triangles, bars, or squares.
This chocolate caramel tart is absolutely amazing. A buttery almond crust, gooey salted caramel and bittersweet chocolate ganache, all garnished with salted crystals. Chocolaty, rich and buttery, I fell in love with it from the first bite. Love the salt crystals as they don’t melt immediately and let you taste the sweet, the salty and the bitter at the same time.
Prep time 1 hr + chilling time
Cook time 30 mins
Total time 1 hr 30 mins +chilling time
Makes about 6-8 servings
Almond Chocolate Sweet Pastry
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup ground almonds
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick (110 g) cold unsalted butter, cut into small (1/2-inch) cubes
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp ice water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup heavy cream
5 tbsp (70 g) unsalted butter
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 oz (120g) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
sea salt crystals
1. Prepare the sweet pastry. In a large bowl mix flour with ground almonds, cocoa powder, sugar and salt.
2. Incorporate butter to the flour mixture, using a pastry blender, a fork or a pastry processor, until crumbs are formed. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix them in. Add water and incorporate into the dough. Wrap it with plastic, knead slowly to form a disc and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
3. On a floured surface or over the plastic wrap roll the dough to a circle with about 1 1/2 inches larger than your tart pan. Lift up the rolled dough and place it on a greased 9 inch tart pan. Remove the edges and refrigerate for 30 minutes before baking.
4. Prick the dough with a fork, line a parchment paper over the dough. Fill with dry beans, rice or pie weights.
5. Bake for 15 minutes in preheated 350 F (180C) oven. Remove the weights and the parchment paper. Return to oven for another 10 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from the tart pan.
6. Prepare the caramel. Place the sugar and water in a medium heavy bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook without stirring until sugar dissolves and gets a caramel color.
7. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cream. It will bubble a little bit.
8. Cook for about 1 or 2 minutes stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until smooth. Remove from heat and add butter and salt. Stir well until smooth.
9. Let the caramel cool slightly and pour over the chocolate crust. Refrigerate for about 4-5 hours.
10. Prepare the chocolate ganache. Heat the cream in a small saucepan. When the cream just begins to boil at the edges, remove from heat and pour over the chopped chocolate. Let sit one minute, then stir until smooth.
11. Pour the chocolate ganache over the caramel. Spread it evenly and refrigerate for another 2-3 hours before serving. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and serve.
This gorgeous no-bake Fudge-Bottom Candy Crunch Pie requires only 20 minutes of prep and an hour in the fridge. No need to wait for a special occasion!
Prep: 20 min
Total: 1 hr 20 min
Servings total: 8 servings
2 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
2 cups cold milk
3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, divided
1 OREO Pie Crust
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
2 chocolate-covered toffee bars (1.4 oz. each), chopped, divided
1. BEAT pudding mixes and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min.
2. MICROWAVE 2 oz. chocolate in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until almost melted; stir until completely melted. Stir in 1 cup pudding; pour into crust.
3. ADD half the COOL WHIP and all but 3 Tbsp. chopped toffee to remaining pudding; spread over pudding layer in crust.
4. TOP with remaining COOL WHIP and toffee. Melt remaining chocolate; drizzle over pie. Refrigerate 1 hour.