Happy Palm Sunday!
“All the flavors of Mississippi Mud Cake (chocolate, pecans, and marshmallows) in a cheesecake instead.”
PREP: 40 mins
COOK: 4 hrs 20 mins
READY IN 10 hrs
Original recipe makes 1 – 9 inch cheesecake
1 1/2 cups finely crushed animal cracker cookies
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
1/4 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup marshmallow creme
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
2. Mix together the animal cracker crumbs, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules in a bowl. Pour in the melted butter and mix until evenly moistened. Press into the prepared springform pan and set aside.
3. To make the filling, combine 1 1/2 cups sugar, the cocoa powder, 2 teaspoons instant coffee, and the cornstarch in the bowl of an electric mixer; stir until blended. Add the softened cream cheese and beat until the sugar mixture has been incorporated and no lumps of cream cheese remain. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, adding the vanilla extract with the last egg. Fold in 1/2 cup of chopped pecans, then pour into the prepared crust.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) and continue baking 2 hours. Turn off the oven, and let the cheesecake stand in the oven for 2 hours more before opening the door. Remove and cool to room temperature.
5. Once the cheesecake has cooled, melt the chocolate chips and milk in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan, and spread the marshmallow cream evenly over the top. Spread or drizzle the chocolate over the marshmallow cream and sprinkle 1/4 cup of chopped pecans over top. Chill completely before serving.
More great chocolate blogging!
Well, we knew Monday was coming, so treat yourself to some much needed dark chocolate comfort. This pan cookie recipe calls for chunky peanut butter and dark chocolate morsels–a winning combination!
3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 cups all-purpose baking mix
1 (12-ounce) package dark chocolate morsels, divided
Make a Delicious Mushroom Chicken Risotto
1. Stir together peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl.
2. Stir in brown sugar until combined. Add baking mix and 3/4 cup dark chocolate morsels, stirring just until moistened. Spread mixture in a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
3. Bake at 325° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, and sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate morsels; let stand 5 minutes or until chocolate melts. Spread melted chocolate evenly over top. Cut into triangles, bars, or squares.