FABULOUS The Sequel was an amazing opportunity to bring my favorite people together to celebrate each others’ accomplishments and goals. A Virgo Event & Production, FABULOUS The Sequel was themesd as a movie premiere and what a night it was. Muffin Bath & Body Basics, an all natural hypoallergenic body line was launched at the event. You can find the product online at muffinbathbodybasics.com. Enjoy!
These easy little Mexican Spiced Dark Chocolate Tarts are one of my favorite new desserts to make! They literally come together in under 10 minutes and are sure to please a crowd. You can use dark chocolate, semisweet chocolate, milk chocolate or whatever you would like! Just whip up a simple ganache, spice it with some cinnamon, chili and cayenne, and then use it to fill these simple phyllo shells and top with whipped cream. Super simple, but so charming and decadent that your friends will think they are très gourmet. Enjoy!
4 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. chili powder
pinch of cayenne
15 mini phyllo (fillo) shells
1. Heat the dark chocolate and heavy cream together in a microwave or double boiler until melted, stirring occasionally. Stir in the cinnamon, chili powder and cayenne until combined.
2. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the chocolate mixture into each mini phyllo cup. Refrigerate or serve immediately. Just before serving, use a piping bag or a spoon to top each phyllo cup with a dallop of whipped cream.
When you daydream of silky, rich, chocolate pie you’re definitely thinking of Dad’s famous, Truffle Pie with Amaretto Cream. Store leftover pie, covered, in refrigerator. Wait…. what leftover pie? Start with refrigerated pie crusts to make prep for this pie a breeze. Slivered almonds mixed into the batter give each sweet bite a crunch.
1/2 (14.1-oz.) pkg. refrigerated piecrusts
1 cup (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup (6 oz.) bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup (4 oz.) salted butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
2 ounces (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
1 cup toasted slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pie pan; fold edges under, and crimp. Line piecrust with aluminum foil or parchment paper, and fill to rim with pie weights or dried beans. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes. Remove weights and foil, and bake until bottom is lightly browned, 10 to 12 more minutes. Cool on baking sheet on a wire rack while preparing filling.
2. Microwave semisweet and bittersweet chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) until melted and smooth, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring at 30-second intervals. Cool 15 minutes.
3. Beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in melted chocolate, vanilla extract, and almond extract; stir in flour and toasted almonds. Spread mixture evenly in pastry shell.
4. Bake in preheated oven until set, 30 to 35 minutes, covering edges last 10 minutes to prevent over browning, if needed. Cool completely on a wire rack, about 1 hour. Chill 1 hour. Serve with Amaretto Cream. Store leftover pie, covered, in refrigerator.