I believe this to be the first recipe that I have posted that isn’t chocolate, but no one will complain. This cheese cake is a must share!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
32 ounces ricotta cheese, drained
1 orange (for 2 teaspoons orange zest/grated rind)
⅓ cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
18 graham crackers (2 packets from a 14 oz box)
1 stick butter
1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Generously grease a springform pan with butter.
3. For graham cracker crust, crush graham crackers in food processor until consistency of bread crumbs; stir with melted butter until mixture holds shape when squeezed. If needed, add a little more melted butter.
4. Firmly press graham cracker “crust” into bottom and along bottom sides of spring form pan; set aside.
5. Sift together flour and sugar in small mixing bowl.
6. In medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese and orange zest. Slowly fold in flour mixture with spatula until well blended and smooth.
7. Add eggs, one at a time, continuing to blend with spatula. Stir in vanilla extract.
8. Pour batter into spring form pan and gently smooth top with spatula.
9. Bake for 55-60 minutes, until cake is firm all the way to top center. Cool completely and refrigerate for 2-3 hours to set.