I write to regain my bearings and reboot. It’s just not that serious our crazy life issues, right? I was a smoker when I wrote this poem. I guess The Lobbyist will be happy to know I gave up that bad habit! Poetry keeps me sane…
This woman at an elevator
Was lobbying against my smoke
The ash cans didn’t count for starting up
But putting out the choking fumes
I forced upon her
Not goodwill, money or sex
Could be extorted from that soul
No secret smiles of afterglow
Or posture of secured future
Friendship brings no floor
To hear the lobbyist
Her ride up was too slow
Then, she stopped short of the number
Pushed too hard and caused a shaft
To break her lift
That swayed her against me
Against us all
She never fails to impress! As seen on the runway of South Africa Fashion Week 2015, Larisa Terblanche release an amazing collection for the label Larisa MODA! Working with monochrome colours and fitted clothes, the talented designer once again has pushed the boundaries for the label given people a fantastic set of garments for the upcoming winter season.
I love this recipe because it makes me look like an expert candy maker…it’s so easy!
Total Time: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min. + cooling
Makes: 75 servings
Yield: about 1 pound.
1-1/2 teaspoons plus 2 cups butter, softened, divided
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
1 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
1. Line the bottom and sides of a 15-in. x 10 in. x 1-in. pan with foil. Grease foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
2. In a large heavy saucepan, melt remaining butter. Add the sugar, water and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage).
3. Pour into prepared pan. Cool for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand for 3 minutes. Spread melted chocolate evenly over candy. Sprinkle with almonds; press down lightly. Cool until chocolate is firm. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in airtight containers.
evaluate love’s edges of
estimate the length of
judge shadow depth of
ardor in each new arena
be aware of ceremony,
private in a crowd of
where brave costumes
paint stark nakedness
beware soft warm mouths
that speak barb-ed words…
watch from framing stands
a ritual catharsis where torn
of resolve–flutters banners of
defeat in a final agony of
spilled lust and love
Ever seen fashion inspired by insects! Yes South Africa did that. Check out the amazing Hendrik Vermeulen Couture. The collection mimics the appearance of insects, using the patterning on their bodies printed onto fabric and incorporated into the design in strategic ways… Just for the love of the collection, some of the items on the runway.
This make-ahead dessert consists of five delicious layers not counting the nut and chocolate garnish. When cut into squares, note the walnut crust, the cream cheese layer, the vanilla pudding, the chocolate pudding, and the creamy whipped topping.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium-size bowl, mix flour, walnuts and butter. Pat into prepared dish. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes. Cool.
3. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust.
4. Prepare vanilla pudding using 2 cups of the milk. Spread over cream cheese layer. Prepare chocolate pudding with remaining 2 cups milk. Spread over the vanilla pudding layer. Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate curls. Cut into squares.
Mohanista is a well known fashion brand which is based in Nigeria. The high street label is outrightly owned by siblings Moha-Lami and Habiba Lolade Audu, their debut collection is inspired by the theory of evolution, which is seen in the way and manner the pieces are styled and created, the wearable dresses have got to be fine and really structured.
The designers made use of floral prints as well as monochrome stripes and contrasted effectively to bring out the beauty in this fabulous collection. The collection which is basically feminine encapsulates “voluminous wide legged pants, print kimono, form fitting straight lined dress with the plunging neckline”.