Chocolate Hazelnut (Zucchini) Cupcakes
These cupcakes are moist and fudgy, but still light. And, they aren’t overly sweet, which means that there’s plenty of ways you could take them to that next level of decadence and still not be going completely nuts on sugar. You could fold in some dark chocolate chips or chunks before baking. I topped them with my whipped dark chocolate frosting using bittersweet chocolate. You could use a pastry syringe and fill with chocolate hazelnut “nutella” spread and use this “nutella” as a frosting. You could drizzle with a chocolate drizzle like in this recipe. You could do all of the above for a special, special treat.
Yield: 12 cupcakes
• 2 large (or 3 medium) zucchini, grated (about 3 cups grated)
• 4 eggs
• 2 cups Hazelnuts
• 1/3 cup Muscovado Sugar (or substitute Sucanat)
• 1/4 cup Palm Shortening (or substitute unsalted butter, ghee or lard)
• 1/3 cup Tapioca Flour (this is the same thing as Tapioca Starch)
• 1 cup cocoa powder
• 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1 tsp Baking Soda
• ½ tsp Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners, use Silicone Muffin Cups.or bake in a silicone muffin pan.
2. Grind hazelnuts in a Food Processor or Magic Bullet until they are super fine and almost turning into hazelnut butter..
3. Finely grate zucchini (you could even process in a food processor).
4. Combine ground ground hazelnuts, grated zucchini and the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl. The batter is quite runny. That’s okay–that’s why these cupcakes are so fudgy.
5. As an alternative you can combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process/blend until smooth.
6. Pour mixture into prepared muffin pan and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Let cool completely before icing or serving. Enjoy!
OH YEAH!! This is how I want to end 2013. Here is another amazing chocolate adult beverage.
YIELD: SERVES 2
TOTAL TIME: 5 MINUTES
· 2 1/2 cups coffee ice cream
· 1 1/2 cups milk
· 1/2 cup irish cream liqueur
· 2 large chocolate chip cookies + 1 more to crumble on top
· 6 ice cubes
Add all ingredients to a blender and process until almost smooth, leaving some small pieces of cookie if possible. Pour in glasses and crumble more cookies on top. Serve and enjoy!
1 Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. 3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.
To all the other #Gladiators, what are you guys doing to get yourselves through the SCANDAL winter hiatus? So glad the show will return on February 27, 2014!
As a manager, I had to mature within my own confidence to allow others to be free to make mistakes. I tell my team to “fail hard.” Who am I to insist on what success looks like or dictate a singular path for arriving there? I learn so much from sharing my own failures and those of others. We’ll get there… as long as the end goal is mutually understood.
HAPPY THURSDAY! The EAGLES rock in any decade…
It’s here! It’s here! All the best to you and yours.
I love this dress from “Long Tall Sally” and it is on sale! In fact, I recommend the store for tall women who are looking for clothes that make a statement. The fabrics are good quality and current for enhancing your bold fashion sense.
* Bodycon styling with cleverly cut panelled sides for a flattering fit. The scuba style fabric gently sculpts a sleeker, slimmer silhouette. Complementing curves in all the right places.
This tall ladies dress is the epitome of understated glamour. From the rich texture of the gold toned hue to the elegant shift shape, this show stopping style is guaranteed to turn heads.
Here are the shoes I will pair with it!
HOW MUCH FAT TALK IS GOING ON IN YOUR NETWORK?
Most people fat talk without even realizing they’re doing it. As 2013 ends and the New Year begins, I pledge to limit the “Fat Talk.”
It was about three years ago when I finally recognized that our weight obsessed culture was stressing me out! I love chocolate and I am pretty sure that I need it for survival. I recognized that food and/or chocolate deprivation was servng no positive purpose in my life and possibly contributing to a nasty ass disposition.
My new approach is to love the fun and pleasure that comes with eating my favorite foods, and only giving those treats the power they deserve, rather than allowing them to have me yo-yo dieting throughout the year. Ultimately, the food has become more like extras in my life rather that the star attractions. I do like to incorporate some exercise and other healthy habits, but only because I look foward to activity, not because I fear some repercussion for inactivity.
I’m running this… No more Fat Talk or Fat Doctors, please!
REMINDER: In most states, tomorrow is the deadline to sign up for January 1, 2014, effective coverage date for healthcare insurance through Healthcare.gov.