Amazing Chocolate Ooey Gooey Cake!
This cake is very rich and a little will go a long way. Try serving with a vanilla ice cream to cut the sweetness.
I just want you to know, I am willing to sacrifice time and resources to sample every single one of them. I do it all for you. 😉 Enjoy!
2 sticks (226g) butter, melted
1 pkg chocolate cake mix
3 eggs (one egg for bottom cake layer THEN two eggs for filling layer)
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 c (31g) cocoa powder
16 oz confectioners sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees (325 convection) and prepare and 9-inch by 3inch round cake pan OR 9×13 dish. (I have heard a bundt works as well!)
2. Combine the cake mix, 1 egg (you will use the other two eggs elsewhere), and 1 stick melted butter (1/2 cup or 113g), and stir until well blended.
4. Pat the mixture into prepared pan and set aside.
5. In a stand mixer on medium speed (or using a hand-held mixer), beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the remaining 2 eggs and the cocoa powder.
6. Lower the speed of the mixer and add the powdered sugar. Slowly add the remaining 1 stick (1/2 cup) of melted butter. Add vanilla and continue to beat the mixture until smooth.
7. Pour filling over cake mixture in pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. (check at 30 minutes with 9×13) Be careful not to overcook the cake; the center should still be a little gooey when finished baking. Let cake partially cool on a wire rack before cutting into pieces.