After an amazing weekend reacquainting myself with good friends and family, I think chocolate is required. These Chocolate-Topped Crispy Bars are a light and easy to make dessert for any time or share as a packaged gift. #ChocolatefriendsofTenaciousM enjoy!!
Serves 24| Hands-On Time: 15m| Total Time: 1hr 00m
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 10-ounce bag marshmallows
6 cups rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
12 ounces chocolate
1.In a large saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt the butter and marshmallows, stirring until smooth, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the cereal and stir until coated and combined. Press into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
2.Roughly chop the chocolate and place it in a heatproof bowl set over (but not in) a saucepan of gently simmering water. Spread the chocolate evenly over the rice mixture.
3.Cover and refrigerate 45 minutes. Cut into 24 squares.
21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.
Chocolate lovers will be delighted over Triple Chocolate Cookies with chopped semisweet chocolate and milk chocolate chips inside the cookies and melted white chocolate on the outside.
10 tablespoon (1 stick plus 2 Tbsp.) unsalted butter, at room temperature
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk chocolate chips
2 cups white chocolate chips
3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. In a heavy medium saucepan over low heat, melt 2 Tbsp. butter with semisweet chocolate, stirring until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly.
2. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt onto a sheet of parchment. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat remaining 8 Tbsp. butter with sugar until light, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium-low and add eggs 1 at a time, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. (Batter will look curdled.) Beat in melted chocolate mixture and vanilla until smooth. On lowest mixer speed, stir in flour mixture and then milk chocolate chips.
3. Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart on baking sheets and bake until edges are firm, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating sheets front to back and top to bottom halfway through. Let cool on sheets on wire racks for 5 minutes, then remove cookies to racks to cool completely.
4. In a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (do not let water boil), melt white chocolate chips with shortening, stirring until smooth. Remove bowl from pan and let mixture cool slightly. Dip half of each cookie in white chocolate mixture, letting excess drip off. Place on waxed paper or parchment and let stand until chocolate has set.
Happy Thursday #musicfriendsofTenaciousM!
Heatwave is an international funk/disco band featuring Americans Johnnie Wilder, Jr. and Keith Wilder of Dayton, Ohio, Englishman Rod Temperton, Swiss Mario Mantese, Czechoslovak Ernest “Bilbo” Berger, Jamaican Eric Johns and Briton Roy Carter. They were known for their successful songs “Boogie Nights”, “Always and Forever”, and “The Groove Line”.Credit: Wikipedia
Get that classic sugar-salt combination by spreading these crisp-chewy chocolate-chip cookies with a rich, sweet-savory miso buttercream that’s flecked with minced lemon verbena.
Yields: 3 1/2 dozen cookies
Total Time: 1 hr 30 min
Cook Time: 30 min
2 stick(s) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup(s) granulated sugar
1 cup(s) light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
2 teaspoon(s) hot water
3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
2 cup(s) chopped bittersweet chocolate
Red Miso Buttercream — Red Miso Buttercream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a standing electric mixer fitted with paddle, beat butter until creamy, 1 minute. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In a bowl, dissolve baking soda in hot water and stir into batter. At low speed, beat in the flour and salt until incorporated. Add chocolate and beat just to distribute evenly.
2. Scoop 1 1/2-inch balls of dough onto lined baking sheets, spacing them 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake in center of oven, one baking sheet at a time, for 16 minutes, until golden; shift baking sheet from front to back halfway through. Let cookies cool. Serve with Red Miso Buttercream.
This is a poem for sad women.
It belongs to that ubiquitous, yet peculiar sect of
women who are destined to lack necessary
qualities which reap lives of gaiety and
Those who nurtured us should have warned
that women of talent encounter
ice walls which melt only for coquettish smiles.
At best, we could have known to conceal
our natural resources.