Hello all! I had to reach in my bag for something decadent today. #chocolatefriendsofTenaciousM keep it real! A cross between a fudge pie and pecan pie, this is all the more visually stunning if you arrange the pecans from the center in a spiral pattern. I really enjoy entertaining as an art form. The extra details are always key!
Yield: Makes 8 servings
Total: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup 100% cacao unsweetened cocoa
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 cup toasted chopped pecans
1 (9-inch) unbaked deep-dish piecrust shell
Salted Caramel Topping
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon table salt
2 cups toasted pecan halves
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Prepare Filling: Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add eggs, stirring until well blended. Fold in chopped pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.
2. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. (Filling will be loose but will set as it cools.) Remove from oven to a wire rack.
3. Prepare Topping: Bring 3/4 cup sugar, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, and 1/4 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. (Do not stir.) Boil, swirling occasionally after sugar begins to change color, 8 minutes or until dark amber. (Do not walk away from the pan, as the sugar could burn quickly once it begins to change color.) Remove from heat; add cream and 4 Tbsp. butter. Stir constantly until bubbling stops and butter is incorporated (about 1 minute). Stir in table salt.
4. Arrange pecan halves on pie. Top with warm caramel. Cool 15 minutes; sprinkle with sea salt.
Welcome warmth on a chilly day, and if you are in the US, that’s just about everywhere this weekend. Easy to make and oh so good!
Serves: 6 Edit
Yields: 1 litre (1¾ pint)
1 litre (1¾ pint) semi-skimmed milk
(75g (3oz)) cocoa powder
75g (3oz) caster sugar
½-1tsp ground cinnamon
2 large pinches cayenne pepper
Gently heat semi-skimmed milk until nearly boiling. In a bowl, mix cocoa powder, caster sugar, ground cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Add a little of the milk, mix until smooth, then put into pan, stirring, to reheat.
Top with whipped cream and mini marshmallows.
So nice, I thought I’d do it twice. For my #chocolate lovers, this is for you. It may not work for any #chocolate lover wannabe’s. Believe me, the CHOCOLATE GODS will know if you’re faking… Enjoy!
Preparation time : 20 minutes Freezing time : 12 hours
1 tin NESTLÉ® Sweetened Condensed Milk
2½ cups whipped cream
2 bars KIT KAT® CHUNKY
1½ tablespoons NESCAFÉ Instant Coffee, dissolved in 2 tablespoons hot water
Combine NESTLÉ® Sweetened Condensed Milk and whipped cream in an electric mixer. Beat until thick and creamy.
Pour half of the mixture into foil lined 9in x 5in loaf pan. Place KIT KAT® CHUNKY bars in the middle and freeze for ½ an hour.
Add NESCAFÉ Instant Coffee to the remaining cream mixture and mix until combined.
Take out the cake from the freezer. Spoon over the NESCAFÉ mixture, cover with cling film and freeze for at least 12 hours until set.
Cut into slices to serve.
Cooking time : 45 minutes
¼ cup butter or 60 g
2 tins NESTLÉ® Sweetened Condensed Milk or 790 g
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
½ teaspoon saffron filament
Melt Butter in a deep saucepan, add 2 tins NESTLÉ® Sweetened Condensed Milk , and Cardamom Powder and cook over medium heat with constant stirring until color has become golden brown but not burnt. About 40 minutes.
Once the Halwa hold together and have a stretchy consistency, stir in Saffron Strands and remove from heat. Allow the mixture to cool slightly before pouring into desired mold to fully cool.
Cut into shape and serve.
GODIVA WHITE CHRISTMAS
-1.5 oz 360 Vanilla Bean Vodka
-3/4 oz of Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
-1 oz cream
-1/2 oz of simple syrup (1:1 sugar & water boiled 8 mins)
-Dash of cinnamon
-Dash of vanilla extract
-Godiva Chocolate shavings (Peeler or zester to chocolate bar)
Glaze martini glass with Hershey’s chocolate syrup. In a pint
glass combine all ingredients and shake light with ice for 5
seconds. Strain into martini glass. Garnish with whip cream,
dash of cinnamon and Godiva chocolate zest. Enjoy!
Exodus 14:14 The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”
I find such peace in this scripture. Naturally, I want to defend myself against those whom I believe have wronged me. But I am able to look retrospectively and witness that their tactics never produce success. My tenacity and desire to move my life forward and with positivity in my heart makes me free!
This Coca-Cola Cake is simply one of the best sheet cake recipes on earth. The magical brew of carbonated cola is the secret to the tender texture.
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Coca-Cola Frosting
- Garnish: 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Combine Coca-Cola and buttermilk; set aside.
- Beat butter at low speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar; beat until blended. Add egg and vanilla; beat at low speed until blended.
- Combine flour, cocoa, and soda. Add to butter mixture alternately with cola mixture; begin and end with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in marshmallows. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. Pour Coca-Cola frosting over warm cake; garnish, if desired.
- Note: Don’t make the frosting ahead–you need to pour it over the cake shortly after baking.
From Southern Living
Egos & Buffaloes (White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies)
Total Time: 35 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup salted butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1 Preheat oven to 300°F.
2 In medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt. Mix well, set aside.
3 In a large bowl with a mixer blend sugars at medium speed. Add butter and mix to until it forms a grainy paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until fully combined.
4 Add the flour mixture, macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips, and blend on low speed until just combined. Do not overmix.
5 Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown. Move immediately to cooling rack.