This Coca-Cola Cake is simply one of the best sheet cake recipes on earth. The magical brew of carbonated cola is the secret to the tender texture.
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Coca-Cola Frosting
- Garnish: 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Combine Coca-Cola and buttermilk; set aside.
- Beat butter at low speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar; beat until blended. Add egg and vanilla; beat at low speed until blended.
- Combine flour, cocoa, and soda. Add to butter mixture alternately with cola mixture; begin and end with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in marshmallows. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. Pour Coca-Cola frosting over warm cake; garnish, if desired.
- Note: Don’t make the frosting ahead–you need to pour it over the cake shortly after baking.
From Southern Living
I make this cake every holiday. Our family love it.
I love it so. Can never get too much chocolate!
Hi, Neat post. There’s an issue along with your website in web explorer, may test this?
IE still is the market leader and a large component
of other folks will pass over your fantastic writing because of this problem.