I found a new chocolatier on the Plaza in Santa Fe, New Mexkco. Chocolate de Santa Fe!! The taste is as amazing as the look and texture of the chocolate.
If you love chocolate then I predict you will love these Double-Shot Mocha Chunk cookies. They are little bites of pure chocolate bliss. These cookies are like little baked truffles. #chocolateonsteroids. #chocolatefriendsofTenaciousM enjoy!!
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Ingredients for Double-Shot Mocha Chunks
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon espresso powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup Dutch-process cocoa
1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
1 cup chocolate chunks: semisweet, white, or espresso
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or line with parchment two cookie sheets.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, baking powder, espresso powder, and salt.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth.
4. Stir in the cocoa powder and flour; the dough will be stiff.
5. Mix in the chocolate chips and chunks.
6. Drop the cookies by tablespoonfuls (about 1 1/2″ balls) onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1 1/2″ between them. A tablespoon cookie scoop works well here.
7. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven, and allow them to cool on the pan.
An easy and delicious cake, also known as Earthquake Cake. Coconut and pecans are baked under a German chocolate cake mix, with a cream cheese mixture on top that sinks into the batter as it bakes. #chocolateonsteroids, #chocolatefriendsofTenaciousM enjoy!
PREP: 5 mins
COOK: 50 mins
READY IN: 1 hr 5 mins
Recipe makes 1 – 9×13 inch pan
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup flaked coconut
1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup margarine
3 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Melt and spread 1/2 cup margarine in the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Sprinkle coconut and pecans evenly over the bottom of pan; set aside.
2. Prepare cake mix as directed on package. Pour batter over coconut and pecans in pan. In a saucepan over low heat, melt cream cheese and 1/2 cup margarine. Stir in confectioners’ sugar until mixture is smooth. Spoon cream cheese mixture randomly over top of cake batter.
3.Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool and serve from the pan.