If you love chocolate then I predict you will love these Double-Shot Mocha Chunk cookies. They are little bites of pure chocolate bliss. These cookies are like little baked truffles. #chocolateonsteroids. #chocolatefriendsofTenaciousM enjoy!!
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Ingredients for Double-Shot Mocha Chunks
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon espresso powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup Dutch-process cocoa
1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
1 cup chocolate chunks: semisweet, white, or espresso
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or line with parchment two cookie sheets.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, baking powder, espresso powder, and salt.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth.
4. Stir in the cocoa powder and flour; the dough will be stiff.
5. Mix in the chocolate chips and chunks.
6. Drop the cookies by tablespoonfuls (about 1 1/2″ balls) onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1 1/2″ between them. A tablespoon cookie scoop works well here.
7. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven, and allow them to cool on the pan.