Eating this cake you’ll experience various consistencies, from the soft delicate pears slices to the crunchy chocolate chips and nuts. The nicest thing is that is very easy to bake and it takes about an hour to prepare and cook. The triple chocolate comes from the three types of chocolate added: cocoa powder, dark chocolate (70%) and chocolate chips, so if you like chocolate you should definitely try it. #ChocolatefriendsofTenaciousM enjoy!
Serves: 12 Cook Time: 40 minutes Total Time: 50 minutes Prep Time: 10 minutes
100 gr of dark chocolate (70% at least)
100 ml of double cream
90 gr muscovado sugar
50 ml of vegetable oil
225 gr flour
120 g unsweetened cocoa powder
25 gr baking soda or baking powder
90 gr chocolate chips
2 tbsp of grounded nuts or pecan
1. Turn on the oven at 180°C/200°C (350/390°F) and grease a 24cm springform pan with some butter and dust it with flour (or cover it with parchment paper).
2. Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave in a bowl at 450W for about 2min. (or according to the direction of the producer).
3. In a big bowl or in the food processor mix the melted chocolate, double cream, flour, cocoa powder, oil, eggs, sugar and baking soda. Mix all the ingredients evenly.
4. Peel the pears or wash them thoroughly if you want to leave the peel on. Remove the core and slice them into 1cm slices.
5. Pour the mix into the pan and then cover it with the pear slices and sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake for 40 minutes.
6. You can serve this cake either lukewarm or cold: the difference is in the chocolate chips: the colder the cake, the crunchier they gets.