Treat your loved ones to something a little extra special this Sunday, and completely guilt-free. The combination of rose water and pistachio creates an elegant twist on an indulgent classic.
3 1/2 oz (100 g) organic, unsweetened dark chocolate (find out how to make the best choice here)
2 cups almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup crushed pistachios
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 eggs (or 1 tbsp ground chia + 1/4 warm water)
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp rosewater
rose petals & crushed pistachios to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate over low heat or use a double boiler.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in your food processor or blender.
- Add the melted chocolate and combine until smooth- should be creamy, not too dry.
- Mix wet ingredients into the dry, and mix well.
- Pour batter into the pan, smooth it out with a spatula & bake it for about 25-30 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in to make sure cooked through. They should be firm when you press down.
- Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with some extra crushed pistachios and rose petals, for an extra touch.