This recipe is just one bowl with everyday, simple ingredients and is both vegan and gluten free! But, it’s infused with creamy, salty peanut butter and chocolate in the form of cocoa powder and dairy-free chocolate chips!
PREP TIME: 15 mins COOK TIME: 1 hour TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 15 mins
1 flax egg ( 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 2.5 Tbsp water | or sub 1 egg)
3 medium ripe bananas (~1.5 cups)
3.5 tsp baking powder
pinch sea salt
1/3 cup salted natural peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
2.5 Tbsp grape seed or coconut oil, melted
scant 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2-3 Tbsp agave or maple syrup, depending on ripeness of bananas
3/4 cup unsweetened almond or other non-dairy milk
1 1/4 cup almond meal
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup gluten free flour blend (my go-to blend, or I recommend Trader Joe’s all purpose GF blend)
1 cup gluten free oats
1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup Peanut Butter Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
2. Prepare flax egg in a large mixing bowl and let rest for 5 minutes to activate.
3. Add banana and mash thoroughly.
4. Add all ingredients through almond milk and whisk vigorously to combine.
5. Add cocoa powder, almond meal, gluten free flour blend, oats and stir.
6. Last, stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips (if using).
7. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour – 1 hour 15 minutes. When ready, it should feel firm and be crackly on top. My sweet spot was about 1 hour 5 minutes.
8. Let cool completely before cutting or it will be too tender to hold form (preferably overnight).
9. Store completely cooled leftovers in a covered container for up to several days, though best when fresh. Slice and freeze for longer term storage.