It’s true! Chips x 2 – chocolate chips and potato chips. Sweet and salty goodness all rolled into one yummy cookie. #dreamtreat!
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup packed dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2½ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups lightly crushed original potato chips
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt – stir to combine.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
5. Turn mixer speed to low, and slowly add the flour mixture to the creamed sugar mixture – mix well.
6. Gently stir in the crushed potato chips and chocolate chips.
7. Place in the refrigerator and let chill for at least one hour.
8. Using a cookie scoop drop 1-inch balls onto an ungreased baking sheet a few inches apart to allow for spreading (I did use a Silpat and mine did not spread very much).
9. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Cool for 5 minutes on the tray before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.