This cheesecake is for chocolate lovers. A chocolate-chip-filled center is surrounded by a a crust of chocolate chip cookies and topped with delicious chocolate shavings. #chocolatefriendsofTenaciousM enjoy!
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 50 min
1 package(s) (16 ounces) chewy chocolate chip cookies
3 block(s) (8 ounces each) cream cheese
3/4 cup(s) sugar
8 ounce(s) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup(s) sour cream
4 teaspoon(s) sugar
1 teaspoon(s) cocoa
1 bar(s) (4 ounces) semisweet chocolate
1. For Crust: Line the bottom and side of a spring form pan with cookies. Place cookies so the tops of them are facing out.
2. For Cheesecake: Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs and sugar; beat until smooth and fluffy. Add chocolate chips and beat until mixed in well.
4. Pour mixture into chocolate-chip-cookie-lined spring form pan. Bake for 40 minutes (be careful not to overbake), cool, then refrigerate. The cheesecake will thicken in the fridge.
5. For Topping: Mix sour cream, sugar, and cocoa in small bowl. Spread on cheese cake and refrigerate.
6. For Garnish: Make chocolate shavings from chocolate bar. Cover cheese cake, with shavings just before serving.