A TenaciousM Dream Treat! Enjoy!!
1/3 cup flour (85 g)
4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 pinch salt
1/3 cup sugar (add up to 1/2 cup for sweeter cake)
4 Tbsp butter (60 g)
3/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk (120 ml)
** Cream Cheese Frosting **
100 g cream cheese (3.5 oz)
3 Tbsp butter (45 g)
10 drops vanilla
8 Tbsp powdered sugar (60 g)
Coconut flakes or sprinkles (optional)
1. Let the egg and butter sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Put in a large bowl and beat/cream with a fork or mixer until creamy, soft and a little fluffy.
2. Add the sugar (I used natural sugar so it looks brown here) a little at a time and mix well.
3. Add egg and vanilla. Continue to beat until well mixed.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually mix the flour mixture and the milk into the butter and egg mixture. Beat until smooth.
5. Grease well a 8-inch (20.5-21 cm) pie dish or cake pan with oil or butter. Pour in the batter and spread out evenly.
6. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Check the center with a toothpick – if it comes out clean it’s done! Let cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool completely before frosting, about 1 hour.
7. While the cake is cooking prepare the icing. Let the cream cheese and butter soften a little at room temperature. Put in a bowl and beat/cream until smooth.
8. Gradually mix in the powdered sugar.
9. When the icing becomes soft enough to spread, it’s done! Store the fridge until the cake has cooled.
When the cake is completely cooled, you can spread on the icing! If the icing hardened a little in fridge, let it warm up a few minutes until you can spread it.
Finish up by sprinkling some coconut flakes or sprinkles. Slice and serve!!