Happy Tuesday! Here’s my first chocolate crush of the week. Enjoy!
Single crust pie pastry
3/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter
3/4 cup sugar
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 Land O Lakes® Eggs, separated
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup canned cherry pie filling
Chocolate syrup ice cream topping, if desired
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Line 9-inch pie pan with pastry; crimp or flute crust. Set aside.
3. Melt 3/4 cup butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in 3/4 cup sugar and 6 tablespoons cocoa. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
4. Stir in flour. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, until well mixed. Stir in 2 tablespoons water.
5. Beat egg whites in small bowl at high speed, scraping bowl often, until foamy. Continue beating, gradually adding 1/4 cup sugar, until soft peaks form. Gently stir chocolate mixture into egg whites just until mixed.
6. Pour filling into prepared pie shell. Bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.
7. Stir together sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in medium bowl. Spread over warm pie; top with spoonfuls of cherry pie filling. Bake 5 minutes.
8. Drizzle with ice cream topping, if desired. Serve warm or refrigerate until serving time.