Are you ready to surprise everyone with a flaky, buttery pastry oozing with chocolate and sweet cheese goodness? First, gather your ingredients: crescent dough, cream cheese, sugar, chocolate chips and vanilla extract. That’s it!
35 min total time
10 min ingredients
1 can Pillsbury Crescent refrigerated seamless dough sheet
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Heat oven at 350°F. Line 17×12-inch cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper or silicone nonstick baking mat.
2. Unroll dough onto lined cookie sheet; press dough into about 16×10-inch rectangle. With sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut 1 1/2-inch-long slanted cuts 1 inch apart along both long sides of rectangle, leaving center of dough uncut. Make sure you have the same amount of cut strips on both sides.
3. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread mixture on uncut center of dough. Sprinkle chocolate chips over cream cheese mixture.
4. Braid dough by crossing strips over filling, alternating from side to side. At end, trim off any overhanging dough.
5. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or just until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to bread board, serving platter or cooling rack. Cut into slices to serve. Best served the same day.