These Salted Pretzel Caramel Brownies will please both your sweet tooth and your salty craving. They’re sweet. They’re salty. They’re CHOCOLATE-Y. What more can I say?!? These brownies have everything you could want and more. From the double layer of salty crunchy pretzels, to the sweet layer of salted caramel on top, to the ooey gooey fudge brownies- you can’t help but love this dessert that pretty much has it all. And it only takes minutes to prep! #chocolatefriendsofTenaciousM give it a try…
1. Start with a box of Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies.
2. Prepare the brownie batter according to package instructions. Pour about 1/3 of the batter into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper or greased with cooking spray. Spread the batter so that it forms an even layer to coat the bottom of the pan.
3. Then comes the fun pretzel part! Lay the pretzels down in an even layer on top of the brownie batter, then add a second even layer.
4. Spoon the rest of the brownie batter on top of the pretzel layer. I found it worked best to spoon the batter on in small clumps. Then bake the brownies in the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Once the brownies are out, spoon some caramel sauce onto the top of the brownies.
6. And smooth it out to form an even layer.
7. Sprinkle with some coarse sea salt. And then once the brownies have cooled, lift them out of the pan if you used parchment paper for easy cutting. (Or you can cut them in the pan.)
8. Cut them into individual bars, and watch that ooey gooey caramel mix with those salty pretzels and chocolate.
9. Sweet and salty HEAVEN!