I have just the perfect dessert to celebrate all of my special friends who work so hard and sacrifice so much. It’s called the Double Chocolate Skillet Brownie Sundae and it’s basically chocolate on steroids. Rich, decadent double chocolate brownie baked in a cast iron skillet, topped with salted caramel ice cream, drizzled with hot fudge, and garnished with chunks of chocolate.
¾ cup Butter
1¼ cup Sugar
¾ cup Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla
¾ cup Flour
1/3 cup Cake Flour (can substitute all-purpose flour)
½ cup Cocoa Powder
¼ teaspoon Salt
¾ cup Chocolate Chips or Chunks
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Heat cast iron skillet over medium low heat. Heat butter until melted, add sugars, and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Chill for 10 minutes (place skillet in refrigerator on top of oven mitt).
Add eggs and vanilla and stir until smooth.
2. Stir in flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
3. Fold in chocolate chunks.
4. Bake for 16-22 minutes, depending on skillet or pan width. Watch it closely so the brownies don’t overbake.
5. Top with favorite ice cream flavor, hot fudge or caramel, whipped cream, and chocolate.